A Doctor of a Different Kind
I'd like to thank the man in this photo for all that he has done for my family, and I am not talking about Will - yet. I still feel that I just barely know Will's advisor, yet he will forever be linked to Anya's early years in my mind. Beginning with the beginning - we found out about Anya's presence around the same time that Will was accepted to grad school. Then he, perhaps a bit sheepishly, had to ask this man that he had not yet met in person if he could start early so that we could have health insurance. In a heartbeat, that was done. While signing up for his first semester of classes, Alan advised Will not to take too many, because he would have other - more important - things to be doing. And Anya was born the first week of classes. She was more important. This past year, Alan has supported our family in ways too numerous and personal to list here. We were so wrapped up in our crisis, that I am not sure an appropriate thank you was ever given, which is why here and now I would like to say - thank you.




3 Comments:
Yahoo! Congrats Dr. Will! I see by the photos that Reese seems to be turning into quite a dresser as well! See you soon! XXOO
Horray!!!! Cheers to Dr. Will and to all his wonderful supporters...both at home and in the lab.
Hurray, indeed! Congrats Dr. Wieder! What an accomplishment and to think you did it all while still being an awesome dad and husband. You've set a high bar.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home