The fall
Along with learning to ride a bike, inevitably comes the fall. I knew this was going to happen, I just didn't know how spectacular the fall would be, or that I would watch the entire thing. Here is the short story: riding fast, curb, over handlebars, skid, cry all the way home. She ended up with a big scrape on her chin, not much more. With a week of healing, it is nearly gone. If you look closely, you may see the bruise above her right eye from where her glasses jammed into her forehead. Thank goodness she was wearing glasses.
Watching your child's limp body fly through the air and then be crashed upon by a bicycle is terrifying as a parent. You would think that after all I have seen Anya's body go through, I might be desensitized a bit, but I learned that I am not. I am, however, comforted by the fact that this is just part of life. We've all had that fall, right? And she has already recovered and is back to riding.



2 Comments:
Tell Anya that scars are sexy. Hee hee hee. Love Mosh. XXOO
Glad to hear she escaped without too much injury... I think that first picture looks an awful lot like her dad!
K.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home