No surprises
I am sitting in the hotel room watching Anya sleep peacefully on the bed. I can hear Reese next door, happy after a good nap. The rain that was pouring down just minutes ago, has stopped and I hear the urban noises of cars, buses, and sirens once again. Nearly five hours have passed since Anya came out of her exam under anesthesia this morning. She has roused enough to drink a bit and eat half an orange, she occasionally tells us something such as, "I don't want vanilla," as she sleeps off the morphine in her system.
There are many differences between an EUA at Children's Hospital in Denver and an EUA at Wills Eye Institute, morphine is just one of them. She has had morphine before, but for surgery, never just for an exam, and, thankfully, today was just an exam. She received no laser treatment, and likely will not have to again. The doctor has seen tumors like this before and feels that this one will continue to regress and needs no further treatment. Anya's vision in her left eye tested at 20/30 yesterday in clinic, and there is no reason why it won't stay that way. A second doctor came to Anya's exam today, one who specializes in detached retinas. The consensus between the two doctors is that there is nothing to be done for her right eye, but there is no longer any detachment in her left eye. The end result of the last two days is the best possible news we could have received.

5 Comments:
Feels like a weight has been lifted! Hope you are feeling that relief as well! Thanks for the quick posting!
Yeah!!! Isn't it funny how great simply steady news can sound. We hope you all get to enjoy the rest of your trip.
Yes!!! Great news!
I am just now reading this because of our move and no internet---so fantastic! I am thrilled for you all!!!
So great to hear!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home