Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ready, set, go


Remember how I recently said that I was able to live month by month?  Perhaps I spoke too soon, as this month that has not been the case.  Anya hasn't had anymore appointments, but the preparations for this trip to Philadelphia have consumed if not a lot of time, then a lot of brain space.  I think that I now have all the paperwork in line, calls made to doctors and insurance, and logistics planned out.

When we meet with Dr. Shields on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday of next week, we are thinking that she will tell us one of two things:  1. Continue with laser treatment until the tumor is dead or 2. Stop with laser and monitor closely.  What she has to say will determine Anya's care in the coming months.  I am most nervous that she will have something else altogether to tell us.  I don't particularly like surprises, especially when they come out of doctor's mouths.  I have talked to Anya's ophthalmologist here in Colorado, and he thinks it is very unlikely that Dr. Shields would suggest any other treatments at this time, but it is a possibility.  I am trying to prepare myself mentally for what this pivotal decision may bring.

Now, though, what is left to do is prepare ourselves physically for leaving on Friday.  Last trip, Will, Reese, and I all had terrible colds, so far it looks good that we won't and that already will make the trip much easier.  Packing is the next step, and Anya started a list for me.  There are exactly two things on it - tap shoes and the CD of music for her dance recital.  She needs to dance for Nana Sue and Aunt Rosie.  There once was a time in my life when I packed very lightly for trips, but I never brought music and tap shoes.  I must not have had very much fun back then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

We'll be thinking of you. Best of luck with the recital...and the doctors. :)

April 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger kc said...

Liz, you exemplify courage and I admire your strength. And you've always been fun. Love to you.

April 21, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home