Early mornings
There have been times lately that Will and Anya wake up before 6:00 am and decide to go grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite activities, but waking up early most definitely tops my list of least favorite activities, so this absolutely astounds me. I waffle between believing that Will is the most amazing human on the planet and wondering if the stress of the last nine months has gotten to him and he really does have a screw loose. Either way, Anya enjoys the early morning trips to the store that inevitably end up with a donut.
Tomorrow will be an early morning around here for all of us, but, sadly, Anya will not get a donut. We will be going to Children's Hospital tomorrow for Anya's ninth exam under anesthesia. As you may remember, the anesthesia means that she cannot eat for 8 hours prior to the procedure. She will get a breakfast of popsicle and juice. In the past, the novelty of that is enough to hold off her hunger for a bit.
I run the risk of sounding like a broken record here, but the possibilities of bad news are numerous: tumor recurrence in left eye being the worst, followed by tumor recurrence in right eye. Next would be something to hinder the view in the right eye such as a cataract or the retina fully wrapping around the tumor; either of these would necessitate the removal of her eye. The best news to hear tomorrow would be "stable." We learned back in August how the results of these exams can re-turn our lives upside down. I am wary this time. I feel that we cannot make any plans for the coming weeks until we know tomorrow's results. This is actually quite difficult to do when you have a couple of kids and busy lives with people to see and things to do. Anya looks so beautifully healthy right now, that I don't think others can understand my hesitation, but I know from experience that all of her energy and joie de vivre are no indication of what is going on inside her eyes right now.
To find out what is going on inside her eyes, we need some anesthesia and our ophthalmologist. I wouldn't mind a whole lot of extra positive thoughts headed our way either.
Tomorrow will be an early morning around here for all of us, but, sadly, Anya will not get a donut. We will be going to Children's Hospital tomorrow for Anya's ninth exam under anesthesia. As you may remember, the anesthesia means that she cannot eat for 8 hours prior to the procedure. She will get a breakfast of popsicle and juice. In the past, the novelty of that is enough to hold off her hunger for a bit.
I run the risk of sounding like a broken record here, but the possibilities of bad news are numerous: tumor recurrence in left eye being the worst, followed by tumor recurrence in right eye. Next would be something to hinder the view in the right eye such as a cataract or the retina fully wrapping around the tumor; either of these would necessitate the removal of her eye. The best news to hear tomorrow would be "stable." We learned back in August how the results of these exams can re-turn our lives upside down. I am wary this time. I feel that we cannot make any plans for the coming weeks until we know tomorrow's results. This is actually quite difficult to do when you have a couple of kids and busy lives with people to see and things to do. Anya looks so beautifully healthy right now, that I don't think others can understand my hesitation, but I know from experience that all of her energy and joie de vivre are no indication of what is going on inside her eyes right now.
To find out what is going on inside her eyes, we need some anesthesia and our ophthalmologist. I wouldn't mind a whole lot of extra positive thoughts headed our way either.


2 Comments:
We'll be thinking of you guys and sending happy stable thoughts your way. Here's to many more mornings of early grocery shopping and donuts.
You are always close to our hearts and in our thoughts. The spirit and strength of your family lifts me up daily, so it is the least I can do to lift you up.
I really do think Will is enjoying his "Pay Backs" a bit too much with donuts and all!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home