Surgery scheduled
The surgery to remove Anya's mediport is now scheduled for December 10th. It is a day that I am anxiously awaiting. I am not particularly fond of sending my daughter off to surgery, but getting that port out of her will lessen our stress a bit. While the port is in place, any high fever or infection would mean hospitalization for Anya. The reason for this is that if infection reached the port, that is then a direct line to her heart. Throughout this whole time, Anya has not had to spend a single night in the hospital, and, as it is one of her biggest fears, we are hoping to keep it that way. Once her port is removed, if she were to get a fever or infection, we can treat her just as we did before May 4th.


3 Comments:
Wow! Great news. Will keep you all in prayers and be eagerly waiting to hear it is done and she is happily home without the port!
Good news - I hope everything goes perfectly for you all tomorrow!! We will be thinking about you all and might just see you as well. i am sure it will be a nice relief for you to know the port is not there anymore!! Praying for you all!
Hi guys, thinking of you all. I hope all goes perfectly for Anya tomorrow. We will be sending good thoughts your way. Love from CA.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home