Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lucky socks

Thanks to numerous dear friends, Anya has an excellent collection of Little MissMatched socks.  This appeals to her colorful tendencies.  If you wear mismatched socks, you can get even more colors and patterns into your outfit!  She gets comments on her socks most places we go, but she is always certain to get some at Children's Hospital.  I think she may be getting a reputation there.

I, too, love socks of many colors and I am fortunate to have one pair of my Little MissMatched socks thanks to yet another dear friend.  In the past few months, I have taken to wearing them to the hospital on EUA days.  I find that during that hour or so wait while Anya is under anesthesia I can't really concentrate on anything.  I have tried reading and knitting, but it doesn't work.  So, I look out over the lobby and watch the people file through the building.  Seeing the quantity of people there is somehow depressing yet uplifting at the same time.  And, if I get bored of that, I have my socks to look at.  Since I have started wearing them, we have gotten good news and so they have thus earned the distinction of being my lucky socks.  I made sure they are clean for our visit tomorrow - EUA number ten, fifteenth time under anesthesia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

We'll be thinking of you all and your lucky socks. HUGS from Oregon.

February 24, 2011 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Molly Tyson said...

That is right up my alley! Very, very cool and sending lots of love with Friday.

February 26, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home