Celebrity encounter
Our lives have been touched by a celebrity. I didn't actually get to talk to her or see her in person, but I get to touch something she touched. Not just touch, but cuddle up in and keep in my house to treasure. That is pretty good, right?
Now, are you wondering who the celebrity might be? None other than Anna Maria Horner. I know you are all shaking in your boots right now because you know exactly who she is. Because, like me, if you have free time you spend it sewing, not watching TV, and also, like me, you have a textile habit. A textile habit that requires you to buy fabric or weavings as souvenirs on your trips, or has you spend hours looking at new designs of fabric online, or keeps you up at night dreaming of what wonderful things you could make if only you bought that one particular fabric.
Okay, so you probably aren't like me, and perhaps I just shared a bit too much personal information. The truth is, Anna Maria Horner is a terribly gifted designer and a spectacularly generous person. A dear friend of mine wanted to make some quilts for her two girls and my two girls. Through a strange chain of events, she ended up in contact with Anna Maria Horner herself, who read our blog and decided to send a whole box full of fabric to my friend. When I found this out, I was in awe that it all happened, and slightly jealous that I did not get a box of fabric to play around with myself. Then I saw these:
They are gorgeous due to the fabric, but also the love that went into making them. The maker of these quilts and I have shared more than a few tears together in the past years, and many, many laughs. Her daughter and Anya have known each other since they were both one year old and they are dear friends now. Her other daughter and Reese have known each other since birth and they are working on becoming dear friends. We all get together and it is a crazy fun mess of chaos and girls. It is a true friendship that we have all come to depend on.
Many times, the words thank you don't feel like enough. I use them here with the most sincere depth. Thank you, C, for the quilts. Thank you to everyone out there that has supported our family in similar ways - there are many of you. Thank you for the fabric, Anna Maria. We are moving the girls in together and changing their room around. Thanks to you I have sleepless nights thinking of which of your fabrics should go for the curtains, or the pillowcases, or the... I do mean thank you, though. I have had many sleepless nights thinking about other things and it is really nice to go back to day (or night) dreaming about fabric.




1 Comments:
I knew the girls' quilts were special but the rest of the story shows just HOW special they are. I'm so thankful you have such wonderful friends...and strangers/gifted fabric designers on your side through this ordeal.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home