Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa


Santa and Mrs. Claus made a visit to Anchor and brought some early presents for the girls.  They arrived by horse drawn carriage that Anya and I were later able to ride in, and two live reindeer were parked outside the school for all to take a look at.  Anya's school certainly knows how to celebrate holidays, and this party did not disappoint.  Even though Santa did not bring exactly what the girls wanted, they were pretty happy to get some gifts.  I think all will be okay on Christmas day when Anya does not get the exact sweatshirt she has asked for.  I thank all of you for your creative suggestions.  As if "youth small purple star fleece sweatshirt" is not specific enough, what she wants is exactly a bigger version of this sweatshirt Santa brought two years ago:
I recently received a hint that Santa is making the same style, just different colors this year.

Disappointment may come in another form, though.  At one point we had said that Anya should have her new eye by Christmas, and now that will not be the case.  As you know, she was set to get it on the 22nd, but it is now postponed due to the possible infection.  We have talked about it and she seems okay with it.  I think that there will be so much excitement around the holiday, that she may not even remember.  At some point, though, when the all the presents have been opened, the exhaustion of the day sets in, and we have to coerce her to put more ointment in her eye, that disappointment is liable to sneak up on her.  It is just one more step on this journey, one more bump on the road, and we will ride it out.  I believe that we will have a merry Christmas, and I wish that you all do too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

She'll like whatever you get her. At least she didn't ask santa for a chihuahua like Kate. Clay tried to tell her Santa doesn't bring real dogs on his sleigh. I told her santa will bring whatever she wants . . . am i a bad uncle?
The best request (by my co-workers daughter Ruby) was for a personal reindeer that will fly her to school, make her breakfast while in flight, and always have an umbrella. I want one too.

December 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

oh, Happy Holidays to the whole fam!

December 22, 2011 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Merry Christmas Liz and family!

I bet it was a good one!

xo
Tracy

December 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home