More wait and see
Anya saw the doctor this morning for another check on her right eye and socket. We were bracing ourselves for a small battle to get her prosthetic eye out and back in, but in the end the doctor didn't think it was necessary to take it out. That meant that he did not get to see the exposure. He could see that there are no signs of infection, though. It hardly seems worth waking her up to get her in the car at 6:30 am to go out on icy roads, and then wait for over an hour at the doctor's office. Although, I will take (relatively) no news over bad news any day. And I can't complain anyway because I wasn't there. Will took her and that marks the first doctor appointment I have not been to with Anya. Will has missed a few due to work, but the vast majority of appointments we have both been able to go to. I was terribly anxious waiting to hear how it all went this morning, and hugely relieved at the take home message of the day - more wait and see. That goes also for her eyelid. It appears to still be slightly improving, but we are on "the six month plan" as the doctor states. It has been just over three months since her surgery, so we wait until six and perhaps at that point a decision will be made as to if surgery will be necessary or not.



1 Comments:
Thanks for the update- it's good to know what's going on, even if it is wait and see. I'm glad the visit was uneventful. XXOO Mosh
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home