Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We were due

I hope it doesn't sound greedy to say that we were due some good news.  It is truly how I feel, and thankfully we received it today.

Left eye - retina fully attached, no new tumor growth, half of tumor collapsed as response to previous laser treatment, Dr. applied more laser treatment today to other half of tumor

right eye - stable, no new tumor growth

The bit of news that does not go into the good category is that the retina in her right eye is starting to close around the tumor.  For now, the doctor can still see it and be assured that the tumor is not growing.

Anya's exam was at 7:30 this morning, she was awake and asking for Chipotle by 10:30.  We were home by noon and it already felt like a full day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Great news!!! So happy to hear and yes, you were more than due.

October 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hooray!!! I am so happy that this was your news today. And in no way does it sound greedy...it is nothing but loving to say that. I agree with Drew...overdue news!

October 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Kirsta said...

So happy to hear that! That is a good lookin dimple that smiley girl has got :-)

October 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home