Take it back
I mentioned to Anya today that we would be going to Children's Hospital tomorrow. She replied with, "to take the zofran back?" Zofran is, or was, her anti-nausea medicine, and we have plenty of it left, so as Anya explained to me, "we should take it back so they can give it to someone else because I don't need it anymore."
I wish that we were going to the hospital just to take back some medicine, but the reason we are going is for yet another exam under anesthesia. As always with these exams pending, my stomach is sinking. There are many possibilities of what the doctor might find tomorrow. The very best would be that the tumors continue to respond to the chemo and are shrinking. I would be equally delighted to hear that things are stable, meaning no new tumor growth. Unfortunately, there are many possibilities that aren't so great. If there is any suspicion of tumor recurrence in her right eye, we will likely start talking about removing the eye. Worse yet would be tumor recurrence in her left eye as all hopes for her future sight remain with that eye. Additionally, we are waiting to hear that the retina is fully re-attached in her left eye.
These are merely the possibilities that I can think of. I have been shown in the past that this is one wild ride and things that we never thought possible can happen. I hope there are no such surprises tomorrow.
I wish that we were going to the hospital just to take back some medicine, but the reason we are going is for yet another exam under anesthesia. As always with these exams pending, my stomach is sinking. There are many possibilities of what the doctor might find tomorrow. The very best would be that the tumors continue to respond to the chemo and are shrinking. I would be equally delighted to hear that things are stable, meaning no new tumor growth. Unfortunately, there are many possibilities that aren't so great. If there is any suspicion of tumor recurrence in her right eye, we will likely start talking about removing the eye. Worse yet would be tumor recurrence in her left eye as all hopes for her future sight remain with that eye. Additionally, we are waiting to hear that the retina is fully re-attached in her left eye.
These are merely the possibilities that I can think of. I have been shown in the past that this is one wild ride and things that we never thought possible can happen. I hope there are no such surprises tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home