Monday's exam
When we found out last Thursday that Anya's exam would be Monday, I had a pit of dread in my stomach. We originally thought the exam would be Tuesday or Thursday and at that point just one more day of ignorance sounded better to me than facing whatever reality we must face tomorrow. As the days have gone on, however, I have changed and now feel that the exam can't come soon enough. What has changed my mind is that we have learned that Anya currently has no vision in her right eye.
I covered her left eye and asked what she could see. In a very good natured manner, she responded,
"I can't see a thing with that eye"
"Can you see any colors?"
"No, it is just black."
"Is there any white?"
"No, it is all black."
I honestly don't know if it would be good to have colors or white, but hearing that it is totally black is breaking my heart right now.
Anya has an exam under anesthesia at 1:20 tomorrow afternoon. She may or may not need additional surgery. Think of Anya tomorrow and have some hope for us that we might get some good news. Or even all good news, is that too much to ask?
I covered her left eye and asked what she could see. In a very good natured manner, she responded,
"I can't see a thing with that eye"
"Can you see any colors?"
"No, it is just black."
"Is there any white?"
"No, it is all black."
I honestly don't know if it would be good to have colors or white, but hearing that it is totally black is breaking my heart right now.
Anya has an exam under anesthesia at 1:20 tomorrow afternoon. She may or may not need additional surgery. Think of Anya tomorrow and have some hope for us that we might get some good news. Or even all good news, is that too much to ask?

4 Comments:
Sending lots of prayers and love your way for Anya and you and the entire family. love Kim, Alyssa and Jaiden
more prayers and love from us. You all sounds so amazing and strong when I read these. I am really hoping for some good news. xox. Moriah and fam.
Ditto Ditto Ditto on everything. I imagine it must be hard to write but grateful for the info. We love you lots. Tell Anya that Kali sends a lick. XXOO Mosh.
All of the Mosconis in Tucson are thinking of you guys today and hoping for the best. Keep an eye out for a treat in the mail for Reece and Anya from us, too... it was a favorite of mine and Courtney's when were kids!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home