Thursday, September 2, 2010

Worse

We went in today for Anya to get surgery to repair the retinal detachment in her right eye and then we found out that the retina in her left eye is detaching as well.  We made the decision on the spot to have both eyes operated on today.  The two and a half hour surgery turned into four and a half hours.  We are all home tonight and will go see the doctor in the morning for follow-up care.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

We'll be thinking of you guys today. I hope the follow-up care news is encouraging. We love you all.

September 3, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

We are praying for you guys. Let us know if there is anything we can do - I'm sending out an update to the neighbor ladies. I'm sure you'll have your hands full next week, so we'll try to get some meals. Let us know if she wants to come over or have the boys over next week - I'm sure cabin fever will set in!

September 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Stephanie--Thanks for keeping us updated. Liz and Will--please let me know what I can do to help. We are thinking of you.

September 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Molly Tyson said...

Love you love you love you.
Mosh

September 4, 2010 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger kc said...

Oh. My. Much love & prayers sent to you. Please let me know how I can help.

September 4, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home