Friday, June 4, 2010

Quiet week



A friend told me that I was electronically quiet this week, which is absolutely true. Right now that no news means good news. We had a week with nothing to report - Will went back to work full time and Anya, Reese, and I played with friends and were in our regular old routine. We did not have a single doctor appointment. How pleasant it was.

Next week, however, will be a different story as we head back to Children's hospital for round 2 of chemotherapy. Tonight I was talking to Anya about it and starting to get her prepared for it. She is nervous about the nurses accessing her port, as she remembers it being very tender; she also is afraid of having to stay over night, which at this point is not in the plans. Amazingly enough, she is looking forward to a few things too. She is excited to see Dr. A again, she wants to "ride the pole" - that is the pole on wheels that her meds are on so that she can move around, and she can't wait to bring the new trains she got from her friend Luke to the playroom. Thanks Anya, for keeping it light and finding the good in every situation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marney Mayhem said...

Wow, life really does go on... Think of and pray for you often, but even more as you go in for round 2...
Love you

June 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Molly Tyson said...

Anya- I can see your nails painted in all different colors! It looks beautiful. I hope you can give me a manicure someday.

June 5, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Molly Tyson said...

Hmm- Liz I forgot to ask in that last picture of Anya with the brown headband on—have you guys been watching flashdance or something?

June 5, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home