Quiet days at home



Nothing new to report on here, except that we continue to be showered with love and support. Cards, presents, surprise gifts on our front porch, and delicious home cooked meals. Thank you to everyone. It certainly has helped to make the start of this new journey a bit easier.
Thanks most of all to "The Nanas and the Papas" who were all there when we needed it most. These pictures show you one of our drives last week. Luckily Papa Bill has a big car, so Papa and Will rode up front, Reese and I took the middle, and Anya was in her favorite spot in the way back with one of her favorite people, Nana Jill. We started to call it the office back there because they had scissors, stickers, markers, and by the end finally remembered a stapler. They were busy making books. One of the first books was on the first trip to hospital, right as the hospital came into view and the pit of dread in my stomach grew in size. Anya dictated this:
I miss you.
I love you.
Sometimes I cry.
Sometimes I giggle.
At the moment it seemed like pure genius to me. We would then arrive at the hospital with Papa Wieder and Nana Katie waiting for us with a wagon. Children's Hospital must have hundreds of red wagons, and Anya was always excited to climb into one along with her bag of giraffes. Anya, Will, and I would then start whatever undertaking was needed that day while Reese got to bask in the attention of all four grandparents. We are so very lucky to be close to the girls' grandparents and to have their unending support.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home