The book
Nearly three months have passed, and I thought it was time to update you all on Anya's anniversary book. I bought a sketchbook so that I could paste all the entries into it, glued some celebratory photos on top, and it all turned out pretty well. I appreciate the effort that each of you that contributed put in. Some people just wrote a line or two, while others sent cards, or drew pictures. Anya has read/listened to every single one multiple times, and my hope is that it will be something she can treasure equally as much or even more as she gets older.
There are two entries in particular that are her favorites. Every time we open the book, she needs to see these two entries. One is from our friends that we met through this retinoblastoma journey - their daughter also has retinoblastoma. They included some photos and something in it touches Anya because she always wants that page. The second entry gets read a lot. It is from Uncle Cookoo (Anya affectionately named my brother that and I encourage her to keep using such a fitting name). Uncle Cookoo wrote about a memory he had of Anya when she was about a year and a half old. It includes family, it is funny, and it is all about Anya - she absolutely loves it. She may just have it memorized.
Thank you to everyone for your heartfelt thoughts. There is no true deadline, so if you think you are off the hook, you're not. There is still plenty of space for more.



2 Comments:
I can hardly wait to look thru it with her!
I"ve been antsy for an update!!! I imagine Anya is going to treasure that for the rest of her life. XXOO Mosh
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home