Thursday, July 1, 2010

The doctors are in



We have been told that we have to be Anya's strongest advocates through all of this, and we are surely attempting to do that. In that vein, we ended up meeting with another ophthalmologist today. The simplest way to explain the situation is that communication with our ophthalmologist hasn't been smooth, so we decided to look into other options. There happen to be only two doctors in the area that treat Retinoblastoma, so we didn't have far to look. We encountered some positives today, which is encouraging and I think it is likely we will make the switch. It is a situation that is adding quite a bit of stress to our lives when there already is so much. It would be nice to have it resolved, but I am not entirely convinced it will be resolved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the stress. I remember having to change doctors with Mark... It is stressful... You guys are doing great!

July 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Molly Tyson said...

Kick bootie Lizard. I've been told the same thing with my dad Lizard- the family has to be the biggest advocate. Anya is lucky to have parents like you. XXOO. PS- Anya, when do I get to see a photo of the red shoes?

July 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home