Saturday, May 8, 2010

The beginning



Look at my girl.
Doesn't she have beautiful, big, blue eyes?
I cannot count how many times I have heard that in the three and a half years since she has been born, and I have always taken it for granted. I will never take it for granted again. She does have beautiful, big, blue eyes. And those eyes have cancer.
On May 4, Anya was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma. It is a very rare form of childhood cancer that is fortunately very treatable. Originally we thought there was a tumor in just the right eye, but a more thorough look at her eyes found that there is a tumor in her left as well. That makes her diagnosis bilateral retinoblastoma. It doesn't necessarily make it any worse, it just makes the treatment options different. We have learned a lot about this in the last week. In time I will share it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home