Saturday, December 17, 2016

to the fullest

I thought maybe I would sneak in one post in 2016. If you see this, I am impressed that you are still checking in on us. You see, we have been busy. In big ways and small ways, and all the ways that add up to not having much time to post on the blog.

I have considered closing this blog down. Perhaps writing a final heart-wrenching, inspiring post, but I can't seem to find the time. On top of that, our girl with the beautiful big blue eyes is getting older (10!) and doesn't necessarily want everyone to know her medical details. I can't say I blame her. I value your concern and support over the years enough to let you know that Anya is well. Stable. She has annual visits with a variety of specialists. She may have more surgeries in her future. She has to miss school for appointments more than other kids. But for the most part she is living the life of a normal 10-year-old girl. And as is her typical way, living it to the fullest.

This girl has a certain something about her. As she told us long ago, she is a do-er. She is willing to try anything. If we need help working in the yard, she is there. If someone is going to the grocery store, she is there. She runs around playing with the neighborhood boys, she'll watch over little cousins and friends' younger siblings, she is a loyal and enthusiastic friend. She has an ability to empathize with both young and old in a manner that makes her seem much older than she is. She has been described numerous times as "an old soul." She is wise, she is genuine, she is vibrant. The picture above was taken this summer while we were visiting Teton National Park. It embodies Anya's spirit.

From our family to yours, we wish you the very best in 2017. If you have been holding back, may this be the year that you follow Anya's example and live life to the fullest.

1 Comments:

Blogger LaGata said...

Wonderful post Liz!!! Love this picture of Anya and can´t believe she is now 10!!! Has it really been that long?! So glad things are stable and wonderful! Miss you guys!

May 8, 2017 at 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home