Boxer
"She looks like a boxer." I heard Will explain to someone about Anya's appearance post surgery today, and I found it very fitting. Her eye is swollen with a large red gash above it. But it is already open. We finally get to see her prosthetic eye, and it is beautiful.
Surgery today went "as smoothly as possible," the doctor said, which is precisely what one wants to hear. The exposure that had once been a concern was completely healed. The doctor seemed quite surprised about this fact, but also quite thrilled. Everything else with her socket looked perfect, so the only work he had to do was with the eyelid. We are looking forward to a slow and restful weekend before heading back to the doctor on Monday.



1 Comments:
Knock-out boxer! I am so happy that you got nothing but good news and get to see her gorgeous new eye. Anya, we are cheering you on!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home