Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More waiting


Yesterday, Anya saw the surgeon again.  When we last saw him in March, we discussed surgery to lift her eyelid.  The meeting yesterday was, essentially, going to be a pre-op appointment and then surgery was to be scheduled for the end of June.  Then, something happened.

Her eyelid opened.  After month upon month of no activity.  In truth, it has opened about a millimeter, which is so little that it still appears closed to most observers.  After the March meeting with the surgeon I was left with little hope of any movement in that darn eyelid.  Now there is some movement, albeit slight.  What makes this tricky is that Anya is now ready for surgery.  I have heard her tell kids, "When we start kindergarten, my eye will be open."

She is okay to wait too.  Although the expected results are appealing to us all, the actual act of surgery is not.  The plan now is to wait until July and see if there is any more movement.  If there is not, surgery  will be scheduled.  If there is,...I suppose we continue to wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I'm excited to hear about the movement! Yeah too for all that cute hair in these latest pictures.

June 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

So cool!

June 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home