Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Coming up: Round three


Today was finger poke day at Longmont United Hospital. Unfortunately, they haven't gotten much better at the poke, so Anya had both her middle fingers poked and squeezed until there was enough blood to fill the tube. This girl has to go through so much, can't something be easy? We heard from her nurse at Children's and her blood counts all look great. Her ANC is 4,000, so her body has recovered well from the last round of chemo. Tomorrow we will begin round three of chemotherapy.

After my previous post about switching doctors, I received a lot of feedback and encouragement, and I would like to say thank you. It has meant a lot as this has been a stressful decision. It also gave me a new reason for continuing with this blog. My original intention with the blog was to inform friends and family, but with this most recent episode I have appreciated the experiences that people have shared with me. Please keep them coming. Your support and thoughts mean so very much to us. Even now after the shock of Anya's diagnosis has passed, the reality of living with cancer sets in and those cards, emails, and phone calls are just as meaningful as they were in week one.

We have decided to go ahead and switch doctors. There were a number of pros and cons to weigh, but in the end we decided that two and a half weeks is just too long to wait for answers when it comes to the health of our precious daughter. Truly, I don't think this is unreasonable. So far, doctor #2 has shown himself to be a better communicator. I hope it stays that way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

What a beautiful picture of Anya! And I'm glad you made the move to a new doc...hopefully it will prove much better for you all! You are fantastic advocates for your little girl.

July 6, 2010 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Molly Tyson said...

Anya- where did you get those shoes? i hope you painted your toes to match! (and everybody elses!) Lizard- not unreasonable AT ALL! (Going to the bathroom in the tights maybe-just kidding, but this no way.) It takes extra effort to do that and Anya's lucky to have you guys. XXOO Mosh

July 7, 2010 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You looked so funky in the picture, Anya. I like it =)

July 18, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home