Saturday, January 19, 2013

New doc

Anya and I met her new pediatrician yesterday.  I liked her quite a bit, but Anya will take some more convincing.  Change can be hard, especially when someone has earned her trust.  In the end, I think she will be happy with a young female doctor.

We discussed Anya's health history and, in particular, the most recent lab tests.  Her plan is to discuss Anya's situation with one the of the pediatric endocrinologists at Children's Hospital.  She thinks it likely that Anya is just fine and won't even have to be seen.  That in itself helped ease some weight off my shoulders.  The doctor looked at Anya's growth currently and stated that if she continues at this rate, she would reach an ultimate height of 4'11".  It is small, but she would be able to function normally in society.  The height that they worry about is 4'7" or smaller.  That is the point where certain adjustments have to be made in order to complete tasks such as drive a car.  Right now Will and I aren't too tied to that number because the same prediction system said that Will would be 6'0" and I would be 5'4", and if you have seen us, you know which directions those marks were missed.  For now, we wait another week or so and see what the doctor finds out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Tyson said...

Love the picture and thanks for the update. Crossing my fingers for you. XXOO
Mosh.

January 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I think a see a future Derby girl there :)

January 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home