Monday, July 19, 2010

Resilience


Yesterday, while riding in the bike trailer, Anya decreed, "I am ready to go camping now. I feel much better. And we won't have to bring that big box of kleenex, won't that be convenient?" I was so worried about her nausea and vomiting that I had completely forgotten that she had a runny nose as well. After the camping trip we talked to our oncologist who believes that Anya had a virus and was not suffering from side effects of chemotherapy. Although the timing of that virus was particularly bad, I am relieved to think it was just a virus and not side effects that we will see in the next three rounds of chemo.
Now she is clear of all symptoms and feeling good. She even went to her first day of swim lessons this morning and loved it. She was shivering with cold when she got out, but couldn't believe that class was over so soon. "Why do I have to get out already?" We go back tomorrow and every morning for the next two weeks.
The picture you see up there is Anya on her first camping trip - seven months old in Moab, Utah. No wonder she is ready to go camping again, she has long been a pro at it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Tyson said...

Hey Anya-
Remind me to tell you sometime about the time I got sick when I was camping with giardia. It was yucky. Lots of love to you all. Mosh

July 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

That would be convenient, Anya. I love that she used that word. Sweet girl. Have fun swimming!!!

July 19, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home