back to my old self
Gardening in her flower girl dress. You might never know that she had surgery less than 72 hours previous to this photo. Until you saw this:
Her eye is swollen, bruised, covered with dried blood and ooze, but it is not bothering her. She stops frequently to wipe her oozing eye, and then keeps right on doing what she wants to be doing - digging up potatoes, beading, painting,...
Yesterday morning at the doctor's office was where we first removed the patch after surgery. She was nervous to have it off at first, but soon got used to it and now wants nothing to do with the patch. She must continue to wear it at night for a couple weeks to ensure that she doesn't rub her eye. About half an hour after the patch came off, she exclaimed, "I feel like my old self again," and she has been acting just that way ever since. It is a relief to all those around her to see that she is not in pain.



6 Comments:
One tough cookie!!
ROCK STAR!!!! She's still absolutely adorable even with one bruised up pussy eye. LOVE the gardening in a dress too!
Her middle name is Resilience. You & W have done an amazing job helping her be that way and thrive. And how cute is she digging in her dress?! I love that.
Ugh- tell Anya I could use a little of her strength. I'm still laid up- spending lots of time cuddling with Kali in bed, watching movies and reading. XXOO Mosh
Fantastically great news! She's such a trooper, and I love her choice of gardening clothes as well!!!
She is awesome! I am glad to hear that she's feeling good about all of this- hope everyone else is doing well, too! Love, k
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home